Do you have a project to add a new floor to your home? Do business with Construction Précellence, your general contractor specializing in floor additions in Montreal. Turnkey construction service. Call us for a quote!
Construction Précellence: your general contractor specialized in floor additions in Montreal!
Although it may seem like a large-scale project, adding a floor is a smart solution to a space problem. It is also a sustainable investment that will allow you to increase the value of your home and give you the space you need. In addition, a floor addition can allow you to create an intergenerational home to accommodate an aging parent or create a home for additional income. Construction Précellence offers you a turnkey floor construction service adapted to your needs and budget. Composed of architects, engineers, building inspectors and designers, our team will assist you at all stages of your project: first home consultation, needs assessment, design advice, choice of materials, preparation of the schedule and budget, etc. To carry out each project, Construction Précellence has established sustainable partnerships with architects, inspectors, window and door manufacturers, building material suppliers, electricians, plumbers and construction workers to ensure that each project is a success.
Which type of floor additions can we do?
In business since 1948, Construction Précellence has made it its duty to be able to carry out a multitude of work, even when it is a project as important as a floor addition. Here is an overview of the different floor addition projects we can carry out:
- Adding a full floor: Adding a full floor is a more complex and expensive project, but it is, after all, a sustainable investment. The construction of a complete floor allows you to create a living space such as an apartment or an adapted intergenerational house.
- Adding a half-floor: For logistical or budgetary reasons, it is not always possible to add a complete floor to a house. The half-floor option offers you an interesting possibility of enlargement.
- Addition of a half-floor on garage: This option is still very popular. Your garage allows you to benefit from a “base” for your project. This expansion will considerably increase your living space at a more reasonable price. You will, therefore, have the advantage of a room of interesting dimensions, to which you can give a completely new function or, to refurbish the existing rooms of your home.
- Adding a floor on duplexes or apartment block: Whether you own an apartment block or a duplex, adding a floor allows you to increase your income and immediately ensure the profitability of your investment.
What are the costs associated with a floor addition?
Please note that the costs presented below are approximate and vary from one project to another (house, duplex, bungalow, apartment block, etc.)
- Addition of a floor above a ground floor (+/- 1000 ft2): Prices start at around $175,000 and the average is around $200,000
- Addition of a floor (+/- 1000 ft2) above a floor to make a 3rd floor plus the basement level: Prices start at around $210,000 and the average is around $250,000
- Adding a floor above a garage or other room (+/- 300 ft2): Prices start at around $70,000 and the average is around $85,000.
- Addition of a half-floor above a ground floor (+/- 600 ft2): costs start at around $130,000 and the average is around $140,000.
- Addition of a room (mezzanine style) above the level of a flat roof (+/- 300 ft2) with a roof terrace: Prices start at $125,000 and the average is around $140,000.
We add floors on residential buildings only. Here is an overview of the places in which we can add floors.
- Single-family house (Bungalow)
- House on one level
- Two-story house (Cottage)
- Luxury and prestige houses
- Two-generation and intergenerational home
- Duplex, triplex, quadruplex
- Apartment block
Why choose Construction Précellence for your floor addition project?
Construction Précellence has explored all aspects of floor additions in residential areas. Whatever the work to be done (construction, demolition, cleaning, fitting out, repair), our designers and construction team will meet all challenges.
- Home consultation with a designer and architectural technician
- Taking of measurements
- 3D plans and 3D model and follow-up of the manufacturing of the elements
- Delivery and installation of the equipment
- Disposal of remaining material in an environmentally friendly manner
- Quality of the workforce and superior knowledge
- Compliance with the highest standards of cost control
- Obtaining building permits
- Close adherence to deadlines and budget
- Protection and cleanliness of the workplace
- Certified and qualified construction team
- Supervision of workers at all times
- Siding/Cladding renovation
- Addition / change of the electrical and plumbing system
- Adding doors and windows
- Residential demolition
If you would like to know more about our services as a general contractor specializing in floor additions, our prices, or our other services, we invite you to contact us by email, by phone or to come and meet us at our offices in Montreal.. Our team will be happy to answer your questions in order to start your project as soon as possible.