Call on Construction Précellence, your general contractor specializing in building conversion and renovation of triplexes and duplexes in Laval since 1948. Our experienced team offers you a complete range of services, including architecture, design, expansion and construction of your new single-family home, from the first plans to the final delivery of the project. Call us today for a quote!
Work with Construction Précellence, your specialist in the conversion of triplexes and duplexes into houses in Laval!
With the price of new homes in Laval having risen considerably in recent years, many people are choosing to convert their triplex or duplex into a single-family home. Although Precellence Construction’s mandate is primarily residential renovation work, we also convert plexes into single-family homes (cottages). At Construction Précellence, we put at your disposal an experienced team of professional designers, draftsmen, architectural specialists, and specialized technicians (plasterers, painters, electricians, plumbers, cabinetmakers) to create the plans of your new house, to build your budget and to determine your schedule with precision. In addition to offering you a personalized turnkey renovation service, we offer a unique approach that combines every aspect of the renovation, including architecture, design, and construction. Moreover, our team’s main strength lies in its ability to accompany you at every step of the conversion: from the plans of your new home in 3D imaging, to the final delivery of the project, including electrical work, the choice of materials, and the layout of rooms.
How much does it cost to convert a triplex & duplex into a single family home?
Converting a plex into a single-family home (bungalow) represents a major investment for you. However, at first glance, since a number of elements will influence the final cost of the work.
- Complexity level of architectural integration
- Modifications and reinforcements (if required) to be made to the existing structure
- Degree of difficulty in joining new constructions to existing ones
- Work to be done on the existing building to perform the work
- Access to the work site
- Choice and quantity of doors and windows
- Choice of materials
- Expansion and/or replacement of openings
- Building age
- Choice of finishing materials
- Opening to another room
- Electrical and lighting modifications
What are the steps to follow when converting a plex into a single-family home?
Although it is not a new construction for a single-family home, there are essential steps to follow when converting a building.
- Planning your space: It’s up to you to decide what you want to do with each room and its layout. Our team of designers will support your project every step of the way.
- Structural Engineer: If you want to expand your space, make it more user-friendly and brighter, breaking down load-bearing walls may be the best solution. Our structural engineer will examine the effectiveness of the solutions and whether or not they apply to your home. Also, our designer will always work closely with our engineer.
- Renovation permit for the conversion of your duplex or triplex: Depending on your borough in Laval, it is mandatory to have a renovation permit for your conversion. Your plans, budget, as well as your submission to Construction Précellence will be required to obtain this permit. Our team will accompany you for these steps.
- Stairs and access for your new home: Renovating a duplex or triplex into a single-family home involves designing a new access for your new home. Our team of designers will present you with a multitude of possibilities and you will choose the one that best suits your needs.
Why choose Construction Précellence to convert your duplex & triplex into a house?
Construction Précellence distinguishes itself from other renovation companies with its approach based on the search for quality materials at a good price, on sustainable architecture and construction, on unique design, but also on the active participation of our team in each phase of renovation.
- In-home consultation with a professional designer
- Cost estimates & prices for your construction and renovation project
- Taking measurements
- Plan and 3D model and follow-up of the manufacturing of the elements
- Delivery and installation of the material
- Workforce quality and superior knowledge
- Compliance with the highest standards of cost control
- Strict adherence to deadlines and budget
- Workplace protection and cleanliness
- Obtaining the construction permits required by the city and/or the borough
What can Construction Précellence do to convert your duplex or triplex into a house?
As a general contractor in residential renovation, our mandate is to ensure that you are completely satisfied with your new single-family home (cottage) and that your budget and schedule are respected. In addition to the conversion of your duplex or triplex into a single family home, here are the smaller jobs we can do.
- Wood mouldings’ addition
- Change of floor covering (wood, ceramic, linoleum, carpet, etc.)
- Change of light fixtures
- Plumbing work
- Adding storage space (shelves, closets, walk-in closets, cabinets)
- Addition of fixtures and lighting adjustments
- Electrical work
- Ventilation work
- Rooms’ expansion
If you need more information about our design, renovation and conversion services for duplexes and triplexes into single-family homes in Laval, do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail, by phone, or to come and meet us in person at our offices in Montreal. Our team will be pleased to welcome you and answer all your questions so that you can carry out your renovation project.